Learn from A Swine Nutritionist and A Sow Breeder.
Shoreview, Minn. – October 04, 2017
Wilco Farm Store and Purina Animal Nutrition invite pig owners or those considering owning pigs to two free educational events.
The events will focus on the following topics:
- Getting started raising pigs
- Pig selection: What to think about.
- Keeping pig chores simple.
- Vaccinating and deworming your pigs.
- The right tools for the job
- Do you have the right pig feeder and waterer?
- Manure management
- What other supplies do I need?
- Be picky about what your pigs eat
- What is the best kind of feed for my pig?
- What nutrients are most important to my pig?
- How do I know if my pig feed is working?
- Tips from a breeder and Q&A
- Learn from a local breeder!
The events will take place Wednesday, October 25, at the Wilco Farm Store in Corvallis and Thursday, October 26, at the Wilco Farm Store in Oregon City. The events begin at 6 p.m. each day.
Corvallis Farm Store | October 25
1905 NE Four Acre Place
Corvallis, OR 97330
Oregon City Farm Store | October 26
19224 S Molalla Ave
Oregon City, OR 97045
Purina Animal Nutrition LLC is a national organization serving producers, animal owners, and their families through more than 4,700 local cooperatives, independent dealers, and other large retailers throughout the United States. Driven to unlock the greatest potential in every animal, the company is an industry-leading innovator offering a valued portfolio of complete feeds, supplements, premixes, ingredients, and specialty technologies for the livestock and lifestyle animal markets. Purina Animal Nutrition LLC is headquartered in Shoreview, Minn., and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Land O’Lakes, Inc.