Wilco attempts to satisfy most requests that fit with our values, purpose and market goals. However, we require at least 30 days notice prior to the event/activity date to be able to effectively and appropriately respond to and fulfill requests. Please note, due to the volume of requests we receive daily, requests are processed in order by event date, with approved requests fulfilled one month prior to the event.
Because we are not able to contribute to every cause no matter how worthy, our policy is to focus our contributions to organizations or groups that fit into the following areas of activity:
- Direct involvement with agriculture, pets, or livestock.
- Youth and School organizations or activities in communities where we offer significant products or services.
- Community organizations where we offer significant products or services.
- Generally speaking, we do not contribute to individuals or sponsor individual participation in contests or competitive events.
- In order to fairly distribute our donation budget, we limit one donation per organization within a calendar year.
Please make every effort to limit your organization’s representatives from contacting more than one Wilco location, as our giving is organization-wide rather than location-specific.
Outright donations are gift cards or in-kind (merchandise) contributions not exchanged for equal value advertising or public relations.
Sponsorship is the exchange of cash, services and/or in-kind (merchandise or gift cards) for equal or greater advertising or public relations value.
Wilco sponsorship is limited to (1) facilities, meetings, special projects, events and event classes that relate directly to a significant, specific market or business that Wilco serves. Sponsorship expense is tracked as advertising and is limited by values set in the yearly advertising budget.