About this event
Join your Wilco Farm Store during their Pressure Canner Gauge Testing Event to have your gauge tested.
Garden harvest season is upon us! A pressure Canner is a very useful and important tool to help you can low acid foods like veggies, meats and seafoods. Making sure that your pressure canner is working properly is a precaution that everyone should take seriously. If the dial gauge on your pressure canner does not register correctly, you could not only jeopardize your food but your own safety.
Know before you go:
- Gauge testing is FREE during event
- Remove gauge prior to testing:
- All American Canners: The gauge must be removed from the lid.
- National Presto: Bring the lid with the gauge attached
- Know your canner model number: Canner model is located on the bottom of the canner or on the lid